The cardiologist recommended triple bypass surgery as soon as possible. He also declared her unfit to go home until after the surgery.
He was fearful of her experiencing a fatal heart attack.
It Started With Heart Problems
“The catheterization procedure was successful. It revealed blockage in three (3) arteries; 99%, 70%, and 30%.”
Around September 22, 2021, Jocelyn, my wife, expressed discomfort in her chest area and noticed a shortness of breath. The following is the chronological order of the events: Please note that neither of us were vaccinated.
Thursday, September 23rd - Jocelyn went to her primary care physician for an examination. He immediately arranged for her to see a cardiologist which she did the same day. The cardiologist's examination and test were so alarming that he encouraged and arranged for her to have the catheterization procedure. That procedure was scheduled for Tuesday, 9/28.
Friday, September 24th - She went to the heart institute where the catherization procedure would take place to complete pre-registration. They administered a covid test. It came back negative. She was clear for the procedure.
Tuesday, September 28th - The catheterization procedure was successful. It revealed blockage in three (3) arteries; 99%, 70%, and 30%. The cardiologist recommended triple bypass surgery as soon as possible. He also declared her unfit to go home until after the surgery. He was fearful of her experiencing a fatal heart attack. After the procedure recovery period, she was moved to a room for hospital care and monitoring. Within a few hours, the bypass surgery was scheduled for Friday, 10/1.
Thursday, September 30th - The bypass surgery was rescheduled for Monday, 10/4.
Sent Home To Fight Covid
Friday, October 1st - During the evening, her temperature was above normal. This was shortly after I left to go home for the evening. They administered a covid test. It came back positive. Jocelyn called to share what was happening and how the hospital's response was panicky. They moved her from the institute to a room in the hospital, the adjoining building. Within a short amount of time, she called to inform me that they were going to discharge her tomorrow, Saturday.
Saturday, October 2nd - She was discharged. I picked her up around 5:30 pm. We arrived at home with a lot of instructional papers but no monitoring equipment for her heart nor did we receive or were told to purchase a blood oxygen sensor. We are now on our own to fight covid-19 in a patient with a severe heart condition waiting for triple bypass surgery. A few days later I tested positive for covid but asymptomatic.
Lack Of Treatment
“That was literally the last time I saw my wife.”
Monday, October 11th - She had become very weak, so I took her back to the hospital's emergency room. They admitted her. Completed a few tests and gave her oxygen and other medicines. After about three (3) hours, they diagnosed her to have pneumonia. She was taken upstairs to ICU. That was literally the last time I saw my wife.
Monday, October 18th - She was placed on a ventilator.
October 26th – Around 7 am I received a call from the attending physician. She informed me that Jocelyn wasn’t doing that well and that her body was showing signs of rejecting the life-support medicines and that it would be great for me, my daughter (five months pregnant with a baby girl) and son-in-law to come to the ICU. I saw my wife in this unbelievable condition. Everything about me was in shock. For days I could only imagine her like this, being alone, and I could not do anything to get her back. Until this moment, I knew she would recover, have that heart surgery, and start to live a vibrant life together with me very soon. We decided to remove the life-support. Within a few minutes she was gone. She died at 10:44 am.
Jocelyn and I was married for 41 years. We have an awesome daughter, Xandelyn, our only child. We had just moved into a new home and she had just retired in May.